Federal Grant Regulations
Code of Federal Regulations
View the following resources, or for additional references, please refer to the code of federal regulations.
- Title 22, Part 135 - Uniform administrative requirements for grants and cooperative agreements to state and local governments
- Title two, Part 601 - Government-wide debarment and suspension (non-procurement) and government-wide requirements for drug-free workplace (grants)
- Title 22, Part 145 - Grants and agreements with institutions of higher education, hospitals, and other non-profit organizations
- Public Law 106-107 Act - The Federal Financial Assistance Management Improvement Act of 1999, also known as Public Law 106-107, was enacted on November 1999. The purposes of the act are to:
- Facilitate greater coordination among those responsible for delivering services
- Improve the delivery of services to the public
- Improve the effectiveness and performance of federal financial assistance programs
- Simplify federal financial assistance application and reporting requirements
Office of Management and Budget Circulars
- Circular A-21 - Cost principles for educational institutions; Re-located to Title two, Part 220
- Circular A-102 - Uniform administrative requirements for state and local governments
- Circular A-110 - Uniform administrative Requirements for educational institutions, hospitals, and other non-profit organizations; Re-located to Title two, Part 215
- Circular A-122 - Cost principles for non-profit organizations; Re-located to Title two, Part 230
- Circular A-133 - Audits of states, local governments, and non-profit organizations
US Government Accountabliity Office Red Book
For grants issues, please view Volume 1, Chapter 4 - Availability of Appropriations, and Volume 2, Chapter 10 - Federal Assistance: Grants and Cooperative Agreements.
For information on grant policy statements, please visit the Office of Management and Budget.