The protection of life, health, and property is a solemn responsibility of the highest order for the City of Fernley Building Department. Recognizing the public's trust bestowed upon individuals engaged in the administration and enforcement of building codes, the City of Fernley Building Department advocates commitment to a standard of professional behavior that exemplifies the highest ideals and principles of ethical conduct.
To ensure quality construction for the City’s residents and visitors, the Building Department has the following responsibilities:
- Regulates building construction and building occupancy through the enforcement of the City’s following codes:
- 2012 International Building Code, including Appendix C,E,H and I.
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code including Appendix B,E,F and to the extent provided hereinafter in Paragraph 6.
- 2012 International Fire Code including Appendix B,C and D.
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Residential Code, including Appendix A,B,C,G and H.
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2012 Uniform Mechanical Code
- 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code
- 1997 Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings
- 2009 Accessibility ANSI A117.1
- Other state and local laws and ordinances
- 2012 Northern Nevada Amendments by NNICC (See Document in Document Center)
All requests must be received by the Building Department office no later than 4:00 p.m. in order to be on the next day's schedule. Please call the 24 hour Inspection Request Line at 775-784-9829.