- Serve as HR Advisor on matters relating to competitive recruitment, skills based assessment, and ensure employment practices, laws, and guidelines are administered and applicable to local, state, and federal laws.
- Oversee all HR functions for the City including FMLA, ADA, EEO, turnover, and retention.
- Oversee program administration of post-offer employment physicals, drug screening, vaccinations, testing, background and reference checking, development and placement employment advertising and temporary/contract personnel.
- Conduct employee orientation and on-boarding.
- Ensure new employees complete employment paperwork.
- Identify ways to enhance benefits/control costs.
- Manage the plan documents of the benefit program.
- Assist employees with benefit payment issues.
- Education of benefits to help employees appreciate and understand benefit program.
- Ensure compliance with Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Meet COBRA regulatory requirements.
- Manage/oversee miscellaneous benefits available to City employees including the Employee Assistance Program, tuition reimbursement and leave.
- Serve as liaison to coordinate EAP referrals, employee communication, and workplace conflict issues.
- Provide support and counsel to supervisors on handling disciplinary action (including guidance on written progressive disciplinary materials.)
- Handling conflict resolution through one-on-one coaching, mediation, consultation, facilitation, and training.
- Assisting with FMLA compliance and responding to FMLA questions and concerns.
- Providing advise and guidance on how to handle difficult situations such as problems with coworkers and/or supervisors, work performance issues, communication difficulties, personal concerns that affect work, or mistreatment.
- Explaining employee rights and responsibilities.
- Handling and investigating complaints.
- Coordinating and facilitating Peer Review Process.
- Providing advocacy when appropriate.
- Administration of Worker's Compensation claims reporting and claims management.