The mission of the Fernley City Clerk's Office is to provide quality services to all customers, both internal and external in an ethical, impartial, and professional manner. We will conduct municipal elections with the highest integrity, effectively manage all official records of the City, and issue and enforce all required licenses, which protect the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
The City Clerk is the official record keeper and custodian of the following:
- Agendas / Minutes
- Contracts / Agreements
- Corporate Seal of the City
- Election Records
- City elections
- Prepare agendas and minutes
- Process of business and liquor licenses
- Process passport applications
- Records information management
- Provides administrative support to the City Council, Planning Commission and the Convention and Tourism Authority Board.
- The City Clerk is responsible for overseeing City elections pursuant to NRS: Chapter 293C and NRS: Chapter 306, and for records retention.
- The duties of the City Clerk are outlined in the Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS): Chapter 266.480.
- The Office of the City Clerk was established under City of Fernley Ordinance No. 2001-0004 (PDF).