The City of Fernley is responsible for:
- Groundwater production; operation, maintenance and repairs of six municipal drinking water wells and one construction water well, booster station, raw water (non-potable) storage tank and supporting infrastructure for supply to the water treatment plant
- Groundwater (arsenic removal) treatment facility; operation, maintenance and repairs to provide ample volumes of regulatory safe drinking water to the public water distribution system. Plant processes: coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, microfiltration and chlorine disinfection through sodium hypochlorite solution (no fluoride or softening processes)
- Drinking water distribution system; operations, maintenance and repairs of infrastructure piping and associated pressure control stations, booster pumps, potable water storage tanks, customer taps and service support
- Federal and State legislative water issues and engineering support
- City emergency response assistance as required
The City of Fernley performs water quality testing and monitoring in conformance with established federal and state health and safety standards.
Feel free to visit the following USEPA and NDEP/BSDW links:
The City of Fernley’s Drinking Water is produced from Groundwater wells. The City of Fernley does not currently utilize “surface water” or “reclaimed water” for public drinking water use. The USEPA and NDEP regulate and enforce strict guidelines for monitoring the drinking water quality. State Certified Water Systems Operators ensure compliance to those monitoring standards.
Consumer Confidence Reports
Annual water quality Consumer Confidence Reports (CCR’s) are prepared and made available to all of our customers. Reports are prepared annually and mailed to customers. CCR’s are not only an overview of the previous year’s drinking water quality data and useful information for consumers, but also information for you, directed from the USEPA.
The most current CCR can be found on the City’s Website:
Water Resource Plan
This Water Resource Plan (WRP) is intended to provide the City of Fernley (City) a document to guide future decisions related to the City’s water supply, transmission and distribution system, and its ability to meet customer water demands into the future. This Plan provides the City the framework for maintaining a high level of service for its water customers.