Prepare Your Family
- Buy a battery operated radio or TV and keep new batteries on hand.
- Don’t go watch rising creeks and flood water, it’s not safe.Learn where your emergency kit, battery radio, and flashlights are kept.
- Keep neighborhood storm drains clear of leaves and debris.
- Make a family disaster plan and emergency kit for floods, earthquakes, and fires.
- Never get in the way of work crews when it’s flooding.
- Never walk or bike through rising flood waters.
Prepare Your Business
- Design an emergency evacuation plan for employees.
- Determine the risk of flooding at your business location.
- Know where to get sandbags and how to protect your business.
- Know where to move critical equipment such as computers.
- Stockpile emergency building materials.
- Tune to local radio and TV stations for emergency information.
- Update emergency contact information for all employees.
For more information about flood preparedness visit the Truckee Meadows Flood Awareness website.