What is it that makes Fernley so special?
Try these opportunities on for size:
- Economic Opportunities: Fernley is "Open for Your Business" and a great place to live, work and play. Fernley presents an attractive friendly, small-town lifestyle with no corporate, personal income, unitary, or inventory taxes. Located just 30 minutes from the Reno-Sparks metropolitan area, Fernley is home to the 5,000-acre Crossroads Commerce Center as a location that is fully prepared for a wide variety of businesses. With an abundance of industrial/office/commercial space and immediate proximity to major interstates and railroad access, there are new opportunities and many reasons for businesses to move to Fernley.
- Education: Lyon County Schools provide great opportunities for our youth to receive the best education possible. Academically, our students are performing at or above the levels of students in the surrounding urban and suburban school districts.
- History: Whether it be the Historic Newlands Project, the Wig Wam Restaurant and Native American Museum, the Fernley Raceway or nearby Lakes Lahontan and Pyramid, those in the spirit or rich history know that Fernley is the place to visit.
- Housing Opportunities: On the residential front, the population of Fernley grew 120% from 2000 through 2006, according to the Nevada State Demographer. Whether it is in the form of apartments or condominiums, traditional single family homes or farm, ranch or horse property, Fernley has something to offer to everyone at affordable family prices. We invite you to discover why Fernley is such a great place to live, work and play.
- Transportation: Fernley is located in Lyon County at the confluence of three other counties: Churchill, Washoe and Storey. Highway 95 A (north and south) terminates here in Fernley and therefore provides quick and easy access to Interstate 80 (east and west) and Highway 50 (east and west) to access central Nevada. Fernley is literally in the heart of all the activities and excitement that is abundant in Northern Nevada.
- Quality of Life: Isn't that what it is all about? The City of Fernley is one of the safest in the region. As a community, we all know that working together and character counts, and that we need to make sure that all of our neighborhoods are living up to its highest potential. Thanks to a city wide effort, whether it be Neighborhood Watch, the schools, our corporate neighbors or the many fraternal and civic organizations, we are pulling together to put Fernley’s best foot forward.
As you can see, Fernley has a lot to offer and it is here, waiting for you. Come and join us as we continue to make our city, established in 1906 as a town and incorporated in 2001, the best it can be. Fernley is moving forward, and we would love to have you on board!
Roy G. Edgington, Jr.
City of Fernley