Renewal & Important Information

Renewal Information

  • Complete a renewal application online or pick one up at the City Clerk’s Office. Please read the application as renewal applications are mailed directly to the Passport Agency.
  • The fee must be paid by check or money order to the US Department of State.
  • You will be required to surrender your old passport.

Important Information 

  • The City of Fernley can only handle and deal with US passports.
  • All children regardless of age, including newborns and infants, must have their own passport.
  • All minors are required to appear in person. All applications for children under 16 years old require both parents or legal guardians to be present or additional forms maybe required.
  • 16 and 17 years old applicants are required to appear in person. For security reasons, parental consent may be requested. If the applicant does not have a valid driver’s license, a parent or legal guardian will need to accompany the applicant and present identification.