- Building Department
- Building Codes
The protection of life, health, and property is a solemn responsibility of the highest order for the City of Fernley Building Department. Recognizing the public's trust bestowed upon individuals engaged in the administration and enforcement of building codes, the City of Fernley Building Department advocates commitment to a standard of professional behavior that exemplifies the highest ideals and principles of ethical conduct.
To ensure quality construction for the City’s residents and visitors, the Building Department has the following responsibilities:
- International Building Code, 2018 edition, including appendix C, E, H and I.
- International Residential Code, 2018 edition, including appendix A, B, C, G H and Q.
- International Mechanical Code, 2018 edition.
- International Plumbing Code, 2018 edition, including appendix B, E, F.
- International Fire Code, 2018 edition, including appendix B, C and D.
- International Property Maintenance Code, 2018 edition.
- National Electric Code, 2017 edition.
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2018 edition.
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2018 edition.
- International Existing Building Code, 2018 edition.
- International Swimming Pool & Spa Code 2018 Edition
- 2018 Northern Nevada Amendments by NNICC. Copies are available at www.nnicc.org
- Uniform Plumbing Code, 2018 Edition
- Uniform Mechanical Code, 2018 Edition
All requests must be received by the Building Department office no later than 4:00 p.m. in order to be on the next day's schedule. Please call the 24 hour Inspection Request Line at 775-784-9829.