Responsibilities of the City Manager's Office:
- Prepare platform on the City's position for State and Federal legislation and obtain Governing Body consensus.
- Track legislative issues impacting City government and residents of the City. The City tracked 29 bills in the 81st (2021) Session of the Nevada Legislature.
- Present information, research and testimony about issues to legislators and legislative committees.
- Maintain active relationships between the City and other local, State, and Federal organizations.
- Provide leadership in coordinating community, business, and outside agency support for established legislative priorities.
- Manage and support Council intergovernmental assignments and priority issues consistent with Council priority.
- Coordinate with City lobbyist.