NV Energy continues to work on improving infrastructure and reliability and are in the final stages of completing the North Valleys Interconnection project. The scope of this work is anticipated to be 5-hours at Eagle Substation in Fernley Nevada. Operations and substation design have worked diligently to minimize the time necessary for this outage to the best of their ability. The crews will work on Sunday February 19th from 9:00pm to Monday February 20th at 2:00am.
• The substation configuration will be improved by sectionalizing the transmission bus with a bus tie
• This upgrade will allow NV Energy to add more renewable generation to the State of Nevada.
• NV Energy will be performing preventative maintenance on the 120/25 kV transformer #3.
• NV Energy will be performing preventative maintenance on breakers including the 25 kV breaker serving the Wade Industrial Park.
• NV Energy will also be upgrading protective relaying.