City of Fernley will no longer accept 2012 Building Codes after June 30, 2019.
The below codes will be only accepted on applications as of July 1, 2019.
Sec. 8.02.01. - Codes adopted; amended. Codes adopted. City of Fernley does hereby adopt, pursuant to NRS 268.012, in whole the following construction codes and specialized codes which will be collectiverly known as the City of Fernley Building Codes:
- International Building Code, 2018 edition, including appendix C, E, H, and I.
- International Residential Code, 2018 edition, including appendix A, B, C, G, H, and Q.
- International Mechanical Code, 2018 edition.
- International Plumbing Code, 2018 edition, including appendix B, E, F.
- International Fire Code, 2018 edition, including appendix B, C and D.
- International Property Maintenance Code, 2018 edition.
- National Electric Code, 2017 edition.
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2018 edition.
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2018 edition.
- International Existing Building Code, 2018 edition.
- Accessibility ANSI A117.1 2017 edition.
- 2018 Northern Nevada Amendments by NNICC. Copies are available at www.nnicc.org.
Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria
- Roof Snow Load - See Below Table 1608.2.1
- Wind Speed (mph) - Exposure "C"
- IRC - 115 mph
- IBC - Risk Category I - 120 mph Vult'
- IBC - Risk Category II - 130 mph Vult'
- IBC - Risk Category III & IV - 140 mph Vult'
- Seismic Design Category - D1
- Frost Depth - 18" Minimum
- Winter Design Temperature - 11"
- Ice Shield Under Layment Required - NO < 5,300' elevation
- Flood Hazards - (a) 06/04/2003 (b) 11/20/1998 Firm
- Air Freezing Index - 594
- Mean Annual Temperature - 49.4° F
- Subject to Damage From - Weathering - Severe / Termite 18' - Moderate/Heavy
For a printable PDF copy of the notice, please click here: Building Department Notice - Building Codes.
Please call the Building & Safety Department if you have any questions at 775-784-9900.