For Immediate Release Date:
April 7, 2020
Jessica Rapp, Public Information Officer
Salvation Army is Accepting Donations for Medical and Healthcare Workers in Response to COVID-19
(Carson City, NV)- The Quad-County Emergency Operations Center (Quad EOC) is partnering with the Salvation Army in Carson City to lend a hand to our communities ensuring we keep our people safe and provided for at this time. The Salvation Army will be accepting donations from the public to serve medical workers and healthcare providers in the Carson City, Douglas, Lyon, and Storey Counties who are in need during the COVID-19 response.
The Salvation Army is taking donations as well as continuing to meet the daily needs of the vulnerable populations. Your donations will continue to help the Salvation Army respond to the current situation.
Here is the list of items that are needed:
· Disinfectant wipes
· Disposable gowns in original, unopened packaging
· Hand sanitizer
· Medical face shields in original, unopened packaging
· Medical gloves in original, unopened packaging
· N95 masks in original, unopened packing
· PAPRs (Powered Air Purifying Respirator)
· Safety glasses in original, unopened packaging
· Disposable shoe/boot covers in original, unopened packaging
· Surgical masks in original, unopened packaging
· Tyvek suits in original, unopened packaging
Food donations will be accepted in Carson City by The Salvation Army food bank, the Douglas County Food Closet, the Healthy Communities Coalition in Lyon County, and the Community Chest in Storey County. The Quad EOC is not seeking monetary donations at this time.
If you are able to make an in-kind donation of any of the above items, please drop donations off at: 3320 Research Way #100 Carson City, NV 89701.
The community’s effort to come together during this uncertain time and donate what you can is greatly appreciated. The Salvation Army, The Quad EOC, and the community as a whole are grateful for your support. Any questions, or if you or someone you know needs help, please contact the Salvation Army, 775-885-1898, to see what services are available.