Does my event need a business license?

If the event you are holding is for profit (festival, farmer's market, etc.), a non-profit fundraiser, and/or will have vendors, then the event organizer and vendors must obtain a temporary license from the City of Fernley. Event coordinators must submit to the City Clerk's Office the Special Event Application and vendors participating in the event must submit the Vendor Application to apply for a temporary license. Vendors who already have an active annual license to conduct business in the City of Fernley are exempted from obtaining an additional temporary license. All entities doing business in the State of Nevada, must also obtain a State Business License. Food handling and sales are regulated through the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Environmental Health Section.

For more information please contact us at or 775-784-9830.

Show All Answers

1. Where are the parks located in the City of Fernley?
2. How do I reserve a picnic area or park?
3. Does my event need a special event permit or business license?
4. Does my event need a business license?